Technology touches every facet of our lives and one of the places we are seeing more and more tech involved is the foodservice industry. Advances in food tech are increasing our awareness of the ways we produce, transport, consume and dispose our food. Sensors and softwares are adding piles of new data to help farmers make better decisions. Cloud solutions help kitchens become more sustainable and profitable. Apps allow consumers to make more informed choices. Innovators are disrupting how food is handled along the whole supply chain re-envisioning the future of food and ensuring a safer and abundant food supply.
We have collected some of the most exciting events that bring together food and technology. They are creating a unique space to meet people from different fields of the industry and explore new innovations and trends:
- London Food Tech Week - It is a week-long celebration and showcase of the companies and trends transforming the food technology space. Food brands, innovators and startups join forces to tackle some of the biggest challenges currently facing food and agriculture. When & Where: 14-21 October 2016, London, UK
- Cibus Tec - The event presents technological innovation in the food industry and a showcase of the best solutions on the market from the ingredients to the processing technologies, from packaging to logistics. When & Where: 25-28 October 2016, Parma, Italy
- Istanbul Food Tech - It presents the latest in food processing, food storage and transportation, food hygiene and much more. The event showcases new equipment, technology and materials to lower costs, reduce waste, and increase efficiencies. It will offer live demonstrations of the newest products and technologies. When & Where:2-5 November 2016, Istanbul, Turkey
- Future Food-Tech Summit - The event brings together investors, start-ups, and food and ingredients manufacturers to showcase solutions, share ideas, identify opportunities for innovation and forge new partnerships and alliances. The goal of the summit is to unite investors, food industry leaders & technology innovators in a shared mission to feed the world safely and sustainably. When & Where: 3-4 November 2016, London, UK
- Gulfood Manufacturing 2016 - The biggest food and beverage process industry event for the Middle East & Africa. It will showcase to the latest manufacturing business improvement tools from ingredients to processing equipment, from packaging machinery to control and automation tools. When & Where: 7-9 November 2016, Dubai, UAE
Do you know about other exciting events in the food tech space? Share them with us in the comments.
Photo credit: Priscilla Du Preez via Unsplash